Greetings from the United States Lawn Mower Racing Association (USLMRA) and the home of the STA-BIL Lawn Mower Racing Series and dozens Local Chapters and Affiliated Clubs nationwide! THE MOW THE MERRIER!
Established in 1992, we are America’s oldest and largest National Mower Racing Sanctioning Body. The USLMRA is run for fun-loving racing enthusiasts and their friends. Members and affiliate racers enjoy the love of competition and to tinker, and all who share this philosophy are welcome. We don’t race for money, only trophies, glory, points and bragging rights! We emphasize SAFETY, SPORTSMANSHIP AND CAMARADERIE. We balance American ingenuity with a sense of humor and a love to tinker and desire to go fast! By not racing for money, we keep our sport safe and affordable.
USLMRA races take place at fairs, festivals, car shows, charity or non-profit events (Kiwanis, Lions), city-supported tracks and commercial venues. We also race at dedicated lawn mower racing tracks.
Points are awarded at each STA-BIL Lawn & Garden Mower Racing Series Race and many of our Local Chapters and Affiliated Clubs crown “Local Champions” each year. Racers are grouped with other competitors with comparable mower equipment based on horsepower and modifications.
Although this is a sport for people who enjoy being a little zany and having fun, we take safety very seriously. You’ll be asked to make some modifications to your mower to be in the race. (Technical assistance is available). For example: blades must be removed, automatic shut-off (kill) switches installed or enabled, and all stock safety guards must be in good working order. Your mower will be inspected by officials on race day. You’ll also be required to wear protective clothing, neck brace and a helmet.
- To read more about the United States Lawn Mower Racing Association, click here.
- We keep a detailed history of the USLMRA as well as Lawn Mower Racing itself on our MOWMENTS page!
- We have lots of Lawn Mower Racing Photos!
- Read about our title sponsor STA-BIL® Fuel Stabilizer, America’s top selling fuel stabilizer.
- If you are looking for photos, video, or results from specific STA-BIL Series races, click here.
- If you are looking for old USLMRA Cutting Edge Yearbooks, click here.
- Here’s the bio for our President & Founder Bruce “Mr. MowItAll” Kaufman.
- For a list of Hall of Famers and info about The USLMRA National Lawn Mower Racing Hall of Fame & Museum of America click here.