During November of each year, the Movember charitable movement is responsible for the sprouting of mustaches on thousands of men’s faces across the US and around the world! With their moustaches, these men raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men.
In support of this noble cause, and in the spirit of having fun while doing so, the USLMRA announces the creation of MOWvember, and will support this international effort with an Official USLMRA Movember.com Fundraising Team and a USLMRA MOWvember Mustache Contest!
“Much like we remove the blades from our racing mowers, this November we’ll remove the blades from our razors to raise awareness and money for men’s health,” said Bruce Kaufman, “Mr. Mow It All” USLMRA President. “Some call it Movember, but we say… Welcome to MOWvember! We hope folks will join our team and get MOWTIVATED to raise funds for the Prostate Cancer Foundation and LIVESTRONG, the Lance Armstrong Foundation. But the winner of “best ‘stache” contest will not be selected on how much money he raises, but by the popular vote of the lawn mower racing community at LetsMow.com and on Facebook! ”
How It Works
During MOWvember, the USLMRA will encourage people to raise funds via an Official USLMRA Movember.com Team run by Bruce ‘Mr. MowItAll’ Kaufman and will also present its own MOWvember Mustache Contest for the lawn mower racing community.
Between now and the end of the Sam Rodgers U.S. All American Open race in Alabama – November 7th – guys register using the links below with a clean-shaven face. For the rest of the month, these selfless and generous men must groom, trim and wax their way into the annals of fine moustachery. MOWvember participants and the women in their lives raise funds by seeking out sponsorship for their Mo-growing efforts and growing a mustache effectively makes you a walking, talking billboard for the 30 days of MOWvember!
At the end of the month, MOWvember Mustache Contest participants will submit final photos of their kick grass mustache and a week-long voting period will be opened to the lawn mower racing community. Voting will take place on Facebook and LetsMow.com, and at the end of the week, the winner of the MOWvember Mustache Contest will be notified and the Prize Pack will be shipped to him.
Get Started: How to Register for the USLMRA Mustache Contest
- Optional: Join our Official USLMRA Movember.com Team run by Bruce ‘Mr. MowItAll’ Kaufman. Note: We strongly encourage but DO NOT REQUIRE participants for the MOWvember Mustache Contest Prize Pack to raise funds for the Official USLMRA Movember.com Team.
- Fill out this registration form, including your Day 1 Mustache Photo, before November 7th. You MUST register and start the contest with a clean-shaven face!
- Celebrate MOWvember by growing your mustache as well as awareness for men’s health! Raise donations for the Official USLMRA Movember.com Team, and be sure to groom, trim and wax your upper lip in to a display of fine moustachery while providing the USLMRA with photo updates on your progress through the end of the month!
- Submit your final mustache photo for voting by December 1st, and the USLMRA will open all submissions for voting soon after.
- Tell your friends! A voting period of one week will ensue, at the end of which the MOWvember Mustache Contest participant with the most votes will be awarded the Prize Pack.
The USLMRA MOWvember Mustache Contest Prize Pack Includes:
- A goody box from STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer and Gold Eagle Co.
- A set of EZ Lift (Rhino) Ramps from Blitz USA
- Garden Gnomes from Gnome Frenzy
- A cool racing shirt from CoolRidesOnLine.com
- A collectible “Home Improvement Action Pack” Hot Wheels Set from the USLMRA
- A set of Wheelies Tractor Wheel Covers from Good Vibrations
- Tire sealant products from Slime
- A Liquivac Oil Change System
- Selected items from PartsTree.com
- Selected items from RepairClinic.com
- Men’s skin care products from FaceLube.com
Can’t Grow? Raise Funds for our USLMRA Movember Team
Can’t grow an entry for the USLMRA Mustache Contest? You can still sign up to raise money to support prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men. Or, you can skip signing up entirely and make a donation directly to the Official USLMRA Movember.com Team.
About The Movember Campaign
The funds raised in the US support prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men. The funds raised are directed to programs run directly by Movember and their men’s health partners, the Prostate Cancer Foundation and LIVESTRONG, the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Together, the three channels work together to ensure that Movember funds are supporting a broad range of innovative, world-class programs in line with their strategic goals in the areas of awareness and education, survivorship and research.
In 2010, over 64,500 US Mo Bros and Mo Sistas got on board, raising $7.5 million USD.